TECHNOLOGY LLLT – low level laser therapy
Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) applied to the scalp as a treatment for hair loss
In recent years, low-intensity laser therapy has become increasingly popular in various fields of medicine. LLLT has shown beneficial effects for a variety of medical conditions such as wound healing.
A lot of tudies have shown that LLLT stimulated hair growth. Devices with LLLT technology LLLT over almost two decades have been used in the world’s leading clinics specializing in the problems of baldness.
LLLT technology history
In 1967 the first working laser was invented by Endre Mester in Semmelweis University Budapest, Hungary.He discovered accidentally that the laser light can cause hair growth as a side effect in treating skin cancer.
Dr. Mester made independent experiments on mice. He divided them into two groups, shaved off the back of the animals. The first group included mice applied by low-powered laser. The second group of mice was irradiated by ordinary light. Few weeks later he noticed in the group where the laser light was applied to the backs of shaven mice that hair grow back more quickly. The hair looked thicker, stronger and there definintly seemed to be more of it. (These experiments led to the first scientific publication on the LLLT theme and hair: “Mester E., Szende B., Tota, J.G. The effect of laser beams on the growth of hair in mice. Kiserl Orvostud.” 1967; 19: 628-631″.)
Over 20 years ago HairMax became a pioneer of at-home laser hair regrowth LLLT technology and is the undisputed global leader in the field, after numerous clinical studies bringing doctor recommended laser light treatments to hair loss sufferers around the world.
How to use Low Laser Light Therapy (LLLT)
The HairMax laser devices therapy can help promote hair growth. HairMax® LaserBand provides treatment of androgenetic hair loss and promotes hair growth in men with Hamilton-Norwood IIa-V and in women with Ludwig-Savin I-4, II-1, II-2 classifications of hair loss, and possessing Fitzpatrick I-IV skin types.
Hair Loss Charts
The device can also be used for hair loss prevention to make hairs thicker, fuller and stronger. HairMax® devices deliver nourishing laser energy to stimulate hair follicles, reverse thinning process, restore your natural growth cycle and regrow hair in thicker, denser and fuller.
It is recommended to use the HairMax laser devices after hair transplant surgery. “Before” – for preparing sites for transplantation. “After” the laser light speed up the healing process and promote hair growth.
The laser therapy is also recommended:
- during recovery period after illness
- after childbirth
- for general improvement of the scalp and hair condition
LLLT Technology in HairMax devices
The LLLT technology in HairMax devices works on the principle of laser phototherapy. The HairMax® LaserBand provides a mild and nourishing laser light to your scalp through medical grade lasers to provide a safe, effective and easy to use hair regrowth treatment.
This kind of laser stimulation:
- may alter cell metabolism through causing increased ATP production,
- increases blood circulation to the hair follicle,
- provides a greater flow of vitamins, nutrients, and oxygen,
- activates protection with oxidizing agents,
- and also reduces DHT
HairMax® devices deliver nourishing laser energy to stimulate hair follicles, reverse thinning process, restore your natural growth cycle and regrow hair.
How to use Hairmax
The time of each treatment requires from 90 seconds to 15 minutes every other day.It depends on the number of laser beams embedded in the device, which play a key role in the treatment of hair loss.
- The more lasers the shorter the treatment time. For example, LaserBand 82 only requires treatment for 90 seconds.
- Use your HairMax every other day.
- HairMax laser devices are absolutely safe to use, you feel no pain while using it and no need in medical supervision.
- You can use the device yourself at home following the rules.
- Wash your hair first, don not use any hair styling cosmetics before the treatment.
- You may use Hairmax on wet, damp, or dry hair.
- For the best results, the light should be pointed directly on the skin. It is possible thanks to the special patented hair parting teeth which part your hair during treatment to allow optimal laser light delivery to your follicles.
- HairMax uses “cold-beam laser technology” for individuals, so the treatment is painful. The length of the laser beam is 655 nm, that is why the concentrated laser light reaches the stem cells that cause hair growth.
- The wavelength of 655 nm and frequency are fixed on the basement of long-term clinical studies. These parameters were tested for their efficacy across 460 men and women and 93% of subjects experienced hair growth.
- Thanks to the precisely defined parameters, the device is considered completely safe, because the laser light reaches only the cellular level, but does not penetrate deeper.
Hair growth results using HairMax
Many of the users felt that hair growth was seen after 8-12 weeks. To get the best results, the device should be used every other day or 3-4 times a week and for as long as possible. Many users will see positive results after 8 weeks of treatment – growth of new hair, thicker and healthier. Hair loss will stop, new healthy hair will grow.
The participants of the research studies reported reduction of grey hairs growing.
- Regulation of the amount of sebum – getting rid of seborrhea
- Hair loss treatment
- Increase the density, thickness and fullness
- Revitalization of damaged hair
- Reverse thinning process
There are no side effects to using HairMax laser devices. Ttreatment without drugs. To achieve and maintain maximum effect, the device should be used over as long a period as possible. Otherwise, the newly grown hair will fall out in accordance with the natural phases of hair growth.
- Do not use the treatment with HairMax lasers during pregnancy, breastfeeding and photosensitizing medication.
- We do not recommend to use the devices on an individual below the age of 18, because that age is not a factor as to how they work.
FDA approval for Hairmax devices (Food and Drug Administration)
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is a US government agency that is part of the Department of Health and Human Services and controls the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation (including non-medical), biological materials and blood products in the United States.
The FDA have a number of stringent requirements for manufacturers before allowing their product to enter the market. It is imperative that all the procedures are followed and that patients are informed about the possible risks of using drugs.
A positive opinion issued by the FDA for a food product or drug is also recognized outside the United States and is a quality guarantee, confirming the absence of adverse health effects.
Many scientific articles and reviews on the effectiveness of LLLT technology are available at PubMed. (Http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/)
Buying a HairMax LaserBand in the form of a hoop or LaserComb in the form of a comb, you pay once a cost of between 1,390 and 3,690 zlotys, depending on the model chosen, which differ only in the number of laser beams. The lithium ion battery will work during 10-15 years.
The device can be used by several people. For example, all family members, except those who are under 18, since no clinical tests have been performed for this age group.
The customer does not risk buying because the HairMax devices have been clinically tested by the best hair-loss doctors in the world. Our studies were conducted at top medical research centers. They showed an efficiency of 93%.Currently, this is the first and only device in the world that shows such excellent results and has a huge support of the medical environment throughout the world. Around the world, physicians recommend HairMax laser devices to their patients with hereditary hair loss and confirm its efficacy.
Additional support to laser therapy can be supplements and hair care products HairMax.